Join us for the First Annual St. John's SummerFest
All parishioners are invited to join us on Sunday, June 10th to celebrate our parish fellowship and the arrival of summer! The evening will begin at 4 pm with a special outdoor service of prayer and celebration in the Memorial Garden. After the service, we will enjoy:
- Local food trucks: Del’s Frozen Lemonade; Nona’s Ice Cream; and The Rolling Roost, offering three sliders (pulled pork, buffalo chicken and black bean veggie) and grilled cheese for the kids
- The first annual Chowderfest Cooking Competition: enter your own recipe, try them all, and cast your vote for the best!
- Amusement park rides for the kids, including a Ferris wheel and a carousel
- Live entertainment from The One Dime Band with fun music for all ages
- Hot dogs from the grill with all of the fixins
Beer from a local craft brewer
- Movie and popcorn for the kids in Lower Weld Hall (supervision provided)
- Soda, seltzer and water on ice (please BYO wine or other drinks as you prefer)
- Plenty of quiet seating to enjoy the afternoon on our lovely campus
- Shuttle service to and from the front door from Station Street parking lot
In addition to all of this fun, we gather to support BSAFE (The Bishop’s Summer Academic & Enrichment Program), an academic and enrichment summer program for kids from a number of Boston area neighborhoods that has been a long-time cause for St. Johns through our ties with St. Stephens in the South End.
This will be a celebration of St. Johns for all ages and we hope that you can join us! It is a free event that is open to the entire parish. This will also be a great opportunity to introduce friends to St. Johns and we encourage you to invite others. Please click here to RSVP and learn more about how you can support this event.